Special thanks to Lacey Laugen for highlighting Raised by Latinos within the Facebook Toronto Community for Hispanic Heritage Month 2020! We are humbled and honoured. It was also a privilege for Raised by Latinos to be highlighted within Facebook’s U.S teams!
“Our Facebook Resource Groups often host and support various events and opportunities for our employees to celebrate and honour observances like Hispanic Heritage Month. Last year, my team highlighted various Hispanic businesses from our local communities through an internal post that featured stories behind these brands and what makes their businesses unique. Our aim was not only to promote and provide visibility to these brands, but also to spotlight and celebrate the impact of small businesses. While we happily accept recommendations from our local teams, we also partner with our Facebook Resource Group chapters and conduct our own research on businesses we would love to feature. We were thrilled to be able to share more about Raised by Latinos” and were drawn to this brand particularly because of its focus on representation and diversity, and the ways in which it is giving back through Compassion Canada”. Lacey Laugen – Events and Amenities Team Facebook Toronto.
Q & A
1. Raised by Latinos Brand Message: Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity no matter their station.
2. How did you get your idea or concept for the business?
We are tired of Latino stereotypes. We wanted to create a streetwear brand that would highlight Latinos and our culture in a positive way. We wanted to educate the world about Latinos and our culture. We also wanted to unite Latinos and get rid of colourism and racism within the Latino community.
3. What was your mission at the outset? For Latinos to be recognized and acknowledged for the positive contributions we have made to society while highlighting the richness and diversity of our culture, and to connect with conscious and like-minded people.
4. What service(s) or product(s) do you offer/manufacture? We offer Hoodies, T-shirts, caps, women tights, masks, joggers coming soon.
5. What’s unique about your business If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be? Our business is not only a streetwear brand it is a movement. The advice we would give is “Don’t give up and keep grinding” And ‘Research, find who your clients are, be authentic”
6. Do you have any current promotions/discounts you would like to extend to our communities? Most definitely we would love to extend a discount code to your FB communities. We have created a discount code called… that can be used upon checkout on our website.
Learning and Growing Together: Facebook Resource Groups (FBRGs) are inclusive groups that provide community support crucial to achieving our mission and created a space where employees feel seen, heard and a sense of belonging. These groups focus on characteristics shared by people in traditionally underrepresented and marginalized spheres. They help participants become catalysts for ensuring a fully inclusive and open environment that provides opportunities for everyone to contribute to Facebook’s success.
Latin@ We are committed to connecting, supporting, and developing Latino and Hispanic employees at Facebook while promoting an inclusive community that fosters an appreciation for our culture.
Asian & Pacific Islanders@
“Diversity and inclusion fuel Facebook’s mission of giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Find out what we’re doing to build diverse and inclusive teams at Facebook and expand opportunity for people in our communities”.